photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

thoughts

it's difficult to post something when your thoughts are all over the place (what's new?). this being a public blog makes me even more cautious about revealing what's swirling around in my noggin. because i know that i have at least one silent follower (hi leslie), i can't ignore the possibility that there may be more. so, hello out there. welcome.

it has been years since i've written in a journal/diary. i'm glad that i've started again. writing has brought me a little more peace. who doesn't need some of that? plus, i hope to bind these ramblings up at the end of the year for my posterity or whomever ends up reading it. a couple of blogs i follow have shown me how important it is to record your life's happenings.

anywhoo, suffice it to say that jalae's cheesy songs coupled with hormones are helping these emotions along. peter cetera's "next time i fall" pretty much encompasses the thoughts i've had... only the person he's singing about, for me, exists in my imagination, is a fantasy, or is a true story in embryo. i honestly don't know myself.

next time i fall

love like a road that never ends how it leads me back again to heartache i'll never understand.

darling i put my heart upon the shelf 'till the moment was right, and i tell myself next time i fall in love i'll know better what to do. the next time i fall in love it will be with you .

now as i look into your eyes, well i wonder if it's wise to hold you like i've wanted to before.

tonight, i was thinking that you might be the one who breathes life in this heart of mine.

next time i fall in love i'll know better what to do. next time i fall in love, the next time i fall in love, it will be with you.

next time i'm gonna follow through. and if it drives me crazy i will know better why the next time i try.

next time i fall in love i'll know better what to do. next time i fall in love, the next time I fall in love it will be with you.

is it me or is it cheesy in here?

4 comments:

  1. Cheesy...but cheesy is good! Hang in there kid...there really is a plan!

    I love your guts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was singing as I read it...so serve me up another round of cheese please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. did you take that photo on your header? If so I am raging jealous because I have no idea how to work my $800 camera (that I had no business buying in the first place). Sign me up for your photography lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, i didn't take that photo. johnny did. i love it though, so i had to use it. i wish i knew how to take pictures like that.

    btw, i love you guys!

    ReplyDelete