photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Friday, January 29, 2010

chicken bones

it seems i'm always icing something. today's spot: the back part of my right ankle. i tweaked it walking back to my desk this afternoon. i didn't step on anything uneven but by the way i keeled over, you'd think i had rolled on a pine cone but i didn't. i didn't step on anything but a flat plastic chair mat. my ankle just gave out.

mom, i love you. i love that you barely hit 4'10" and are pushing about 97 lbs. i love that you're petite, cute and delicate. but what i wish you had were stronger joints that you would've passed down to me. chicken legs, ankles, wrists and all, my body is a spitting image of you- only enlarged about 150%.

3 comments:

  1. FYI...enlarged by 150% still only puts you at....oh say.....110 pounds.

    Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm well over 110lbs. but i sure like how you did that math. ;)

    ReplyDelete