photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

hello, my name is rika and i am a self-diagonsed hypochondriac

current symptoms : neck and shoulder pain. turning head from side to side causes a feeling of soreness and ache right below my skull and down my neck

most likely cause of neck pain (thanks to the internet): my talalay latex pillow, poor sleeping posture, swimming, sitting posture/position.

unlikely but possible causes (also thanks to the internet): stress (i don't feel stressed though), illness approaching, fibromyalgia, neck arthritis, meningitis.

course of action: night 2-ibuprofen and heating pad, night 3-ibuprofen and massage, this, day 4- stretching and 800mg of ibuprofen

so far, i'm feeling loopy, sleepy and the pain being masked by the 800 mg ibuprofen horse pill.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rika.

    I have when I mess my neck up! There is nothing worse!!!

    I hope the massage/drugs helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is this old hippie who used (key work - used) to work at my place of employement (which will go unnamed to protect the innocent).... who liked to dispense of prescription drugs. I'll try and dig up his information so I can nab you a Percocet.

    Ibuprofen isn't going to cut it. Don't forget it's not WHAT you know...but WHO you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. percocet would put me over the top. i'm pretty sure i'd get drunk just smelling nyquil. but i'm glad i have you for the connections. ;)

    ReplyDelete