photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

my car friggin' smells like onions.

since lunch yesterday, every time i get into my car, i smell onions. the smell is strong, piercing, and annoying. it's almost as foul as a bad bout of body odor. i have searched and vacuumed every possible crack and crevice that a sliver of onion would've fallen in. i hope i have found it with the vacuum.

you would've thought that the last time i had onions i'd learned my lesson. picture it- me on the couch on a saturday afternoon. tuna six-inch sub in hand, i had napkins and a plate on my lap. i was careful to lean forward as i took each bite. when i finished, i made sure to wash my sandwich smelling hands. when i sat back on the couch, i could still smell my sandwich. my hands were clean, as was my face. why in the world was i still smelling onions? upon leaning over to reach for something, a tiny diced onion piece dropped from my chest. such a small chunk was giving off a grave smell.

friggin' onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment