photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

fix you

is one of my favorite coldplay songs. i have it on thanks to jalae's blog playlist. it's not the most positive song but it helps me... in some weird, hopeful way. maybe i'm secretly wishing my prince charming will find me and woo me by singing it at the most opportune moment. this is why chick flicks are so bad.

i feel like i'm in a bit of a somber mood from yesterday's birthday high. maybe i'm just tired. i should be in bed but then i'd be falling short of my goal to blog at least once a day. work has been busy and the cosco computer nazis have again initiated the high voltage blog fences. so, i can't post or read during the day. i've been plenty busy so that really hasn't been a problem.

i don't like looking at my glass as half empty but upon hearing some news about another in a situation similar to mine (for a year less than i) who 'appears' to have found her potential prince charming, i can't help but wonder 'what's wrong with me? what am i doing wrong?' getting down on myself does no good. so, i try to divert my thoughts elsewhere and know that the events of life-mundane or extraordinary-aren't always orchestrated by human hands but heavenly ones. and this brings me a little peace.

2 comments:

  1. No wonder we are kindred spirits. Coldplay is my all time fav - and Fix You is at the top of the list.

    Fixes me every stinkin time I listen to it!

    Gotta love that.

    (p.s. I'm taking recommendations for my play list. Whats your favorite song of all time?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, everything on your playlist is great. kindred spirits indeed! i'll have to think about the recommendations because nothing is coming to mind right now.

    ReplyDelete