photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Monday, January 25, 2010

h.b. to me

i had a great birthday. i took the first half of the day of work off (sick), dressed up in one of my down east dresses (purchased with my birthday gift card) and spent the rest of the day among friends. my visiting teacher flora had me over for dinner. she made me some of my favorite things to eat. we had burgers (turkey and yummy), homemade potato salad, homemade lemon meringue pie and homemade ice cream (made with almond milk cuz i'm lactose intolerant).

i also had promised to stop by the littels to receive some loving harassment that i've missed. when i say that i'm blessed with good friends (and family), i mean it. i really am. i love being with good, fun, happy people. the cards, facebook wishes, phone messages and texts were all tender expressions. so thank you.

below is a picture of the unexpected gifts i received. 3 thoughtful cards, bath salts, energy bars and goo, an rei gift card and an invite to the rei garage sale, a great smelling candle, a down east gift card (with which i purchased two great dresses), a personal ice cream maker, and a whole lot of water just in case. thank you mom, monica, flora, nancy, megan, teryl, john, jaden, leslie, amy, kathleen, sheri, chris, kris, niki, susan, steve, noelle and all the rest of yous!!! love you mucho!

p.s. my two year old niece niki left a message singing me happy birthday. i also got a bonus gift-the one two buckle my shoe nursery rhyme. i wish could post that. she makes me melt.


No comments:

Post a Comment