photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Sunday, February 7, 2010

i love

serving in the young women's organization. i got to teach today. the lesson (obeying commandments helps us fulfill our divine roles) went well mostly because of the interaction and input of the young women and the leaders. i feel at home holding this calling. but i fear that changes may be coming. after church the first counselor in the bishopric pulled me aside and wanted to know my feelings about teaching gospel doctrine. my jaw dropped and i replied, 'i'd be terrified. truthfully. terrified. i love my calling right now. but if i was asked to teach gospel doctrine, i would.'

what the ...??? brother brimhall assured me that changes weren't being made but he was trying to feel out people's reactions. i'm still a bit nervous and my stomach is kinda twisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment