photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Monday, March 29, 2010

'you're closer than you think'

is a phrase i often see after doing the P90X workout. it's a great motivating slogan that i think is really true... in many aspects of life.

right now physically and spiritually, i'm hoping it's true.

physically, i would lazily give up to body jet lipo but when it costs a few cool G's i think, 'you're crazy'. a few thousand in the bank would be better for me than surgically removing my fat. i may have emergency auto repairs or even need surgery on some random condition (according to one of my recent loony dreams). so i tell myself, get your butt moving, and stop eating crap like chewy chips ahoys. then you'll have the body you want. you're closer than you think.

spiritually, i feel like i'm in a rut. i have no motivation to read and study the scriptures on my own or follow the sunday school lessons. but i do make sure (at the very least) to read a couple of verses before bed. and i remember to pray. if nothing else, i MAKE myself pray... kneeling at the side of my bed. none of this booty up in the air while on my bed. i figure if oprah does it this way night and day then so can i. anyway, i'm really looking forward to general conference this weekend. because right now, it may be the little push that i need. and i guess, i'm closer than than i think.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww....crap! If Oprah isn't doing the lazy man "booty in the air" trick then neither should I.

    I repent.

    (and am soooo glad that I'm not the only one in a physical/spiritual rut. I'll send you a shovel so we can start digging ourselves out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently took a trip to Deseret Book to get a study guide for the Old Testament. I was reading every night, but I didn't understand a lot of what was going on. It made it very hard to want to read. Of course I did it, but I really wasn't getting "fed." I'm glad I purchased the book The Old Testament Made Easier. It has been wonderful! In fact, I sat in Gospel Doctorine last Sunday and knew the story so well, I gave insight that I learned in the book to the class. It was great. It made me think of the purpose of the story too. I also purchased the book 21 Days Closer to Christ. It is a beautiful and thought provoking book as well. I just wanted to tell you what has helped my "rut." I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete