photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Monday, March 8, 2010

sleep deprived

i need more sleep or i'll lose my job. the less sleep i get the less likely i am to wake with enough time to go thru my morning routine of shower, dress, dry hair, tinker on the computer, run out the door. the less time i have for that, the more often i'm late.

also, the less sleep i get, the more likely i am to fall asleep at my desk. that's right, i doze off. and i do it quite frequently. even when it gets busy. see, my job doesn't require much brain usage. at least the part that would require me to stay alert, problem solve, or use some creativity. i could probably do my job in my sleep. however, i cannot perform the tasks in the state that i'm often in. the state of trying to stay awake while nodding off.

i have made mistakes. the most recent being last friday. i input weights that were way off the numbers indicated by shippers. and my errors were caught. i looked at the notes on the paper i was getting my information from and i see chicken scratch. the letters are barely legible. i bet i was just about to hit REM sleep or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment