photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

my heaving and the earth's heaving

i feel like i've been getting sick as much as the earth is having disasters... well, maybe not as much. from earthquakes worldwide (haiti, china, baja california) to the volcano eruption in iceland, the flooding in the country's southeast, and the oil spill off the gulf of mexico i can say that i probably haven't been sick that many times this year.

but it sure seems like it. my current illness appears to be the stomach flu. last week was a sinus infection. now that the winds have picked up, subsided and are supposed to pick up again, i'm bracing myself. but hoping that these new winds clear the air of whatever's getting me sick. :) i suppose that i should be more careful of what i eat and when i eat it. nuking a meal to leave it in the microwave for 20 mins prior to nuking it again and eating it probably isn't the wisest thing to do. bruscetta chicken from fresh and easy is the furthest thing from my palette's desires.

my stomach also tosses as i worry of my mom and sis. that situation weighs most on my mind. i will expound in a later post that i have been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment