photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Thursday, April 29, 2010

my cupboards are bare part ii

so i finally went grocery shopping yesterday. after getting a last minute appointment with my doc, and dropping off a prescription for a 4 day supply of antibiotics i went to the nearest fresh and easy for groceries and to kill time for the pharmacy to get me my meds. i have a sinus infection... i think. well, the nose is running constantly. clear and yellow. throat is scratchy and i'm just feeling all around glum. still a little dizzy and rocking. doc thinks i should see how i fare after the meds before being concerned about the rocking. i can live with that.

ok. so i went shopping, got some prepared 'fresh' meals that i can just nuke and eat, 8 gallons of water, some sorbet, irish steel cut oats, butternut squash soup, canned chicken noodle soup, wheat bread, wheat pitas and hummus. i spent about 45 bones.

after picking up the prescription and a few other toiletries, i headed home. i rushed into the house from the crazy wind, and ran to the bathroom. did my biz, took my pills and crashed on the bed. 6 hours later, at a little after midnight, i awoke. i roamed around the house and got on the computer. i made my way to the kitchen and found what? 2 plastic grocery bags on the floor with now not-so-fresh food. warm in fact. i just wasted 20 bones of food; good healthy food that i'm sad i must toss. no bueno. i think that's the first time i've ever done that. hope it's my last.

1 comment:

  1. I do this...and don't even have the excuse of illness.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete