photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Saturday, April 10, 2010

the riddle

(right click on the title to hear song in another window)
by five for fighting is one of my favorite songs. it's brilliant. i get good feelings when i hear it.

it expresses the questions many have about life and the simple answers of what life is about... you and i.

there was a man back in '95
whose heart ran outta summers but before he died,
i asked him 'wait, what's the sense in life?'
come over me, come over me.
he said, 'son, why you gotta sing that tune?
catch a dillan song or some eclipse of the moon.
let and angel swing and make you swoon
then you will see... you will see.'
then he said, 'here's a riddle for ya, find the answer:
there's a reason for the world... you and i.'

picked up my kid from school today.
'did you learn anything, cuz in the world today
you can't live in a castle far away,
now talk to me, come talk to me.'
he said, 'dad i'm big but we're smaller than small,
in the scheme of things well, we're nothing at all.'
still every mother's child sings a lonely song.
'so play with me, come play with me.
and hey dad, here's a riddle for ya.
find the answer.
there's a reason for the world,
you and i...'
i said, 'son, for all i've told ya,
when you get right down to the reason for the world,
who am i?'

there are secrets that we still have left to find.
there have been mysteries from the beginning of time.
there are answers we're not wise enough to see.
he said, 'you're looking for clue. i love you free.'

the batter swings and the summer flies
as i look into my angels eyes.
a song plays on while the moon is high
over me. something comes over me.
i guess we're big and i guess we're small.
if you think about it man you know we got it all.
cuz we're all we got on this bouncin' ball.
and i love you free.
i love you freely.
here's a riddle for ya.
find the answer.
there's a reason for the world.
you and i.

2 comments:

  1. Successfully added to my playlist!

    Gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left you and blog award over at my place. Stop by to visit to see what you've won.....!

    p.s. waiting for more posts and details about your eye candy.

    ReplyDelete