photograph: prayers by johnny monahan

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

mother clutter!!!

for monica.

'mother, there is much too much clutter!!!' cried sissy from the front room of an old 3 bedroom
cottage in the suburbs of so cal.

'there is simply no room for all these trinkets and nick knacks!

what are they for?

what do they do?

i stumble and trip with every step i take

i meander and weave; a path i try to make

clutter here, clutter there!

there is much too much junk EVERYWHERE!

if it doesn't have a home, it doesn't belong.

we need not be keepers of this, this, this... gong?!

PLEASE, oh please, for sanity's sake,

let us get rid of the clutter, the clatter,

the things that don't matter.'

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to post this on my fridge. Because I have OCD....and my husband - does not.

    p.s. I feel another Peter C Appreciation Week coming on. Saw him on PBS over the weekend and he still has the magic!

    ReplyDelete